Back to Work Blues

Besides for my workout this morning, everythings about this day is very BLAH, and boring. The weather isn’t helping either. It was misting this morning, but decently warm. It was just that light rainy mist that isn’t enough for an umbrella but it’s still SO annoying.

Last night, Joe and I just ordered in pizza. I wanted to make a homemade one, but he got home from work late and was so tired from his long weekend so I said okay to getting delivery. He also brought home some more sweets to add to my bakery stop. There was a party and they had leftover brownies and mini carrot cakes! We went to town and finished ALL of the baked goods in the house!

He currently has a situation at work that will have him working a lot more this week and even longer, possibly. This past weekend he worked all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so I am a little bummed that I didn’t get to see him that much. Going to work this morning made me sad that not only was my long weekend over, but realizing how much I didn’t get to see Joe. I know he is doing what he needs to do for his business so I am, as always, very supportive!


I am continuing my “push harder” Monday workouts. I need to pump it up because I usually slack  after stuffing my face all weekend and feel like a rock is sitting on my stomach when I wake up Monday morning. I did a serious 30 minute ab workout, as well as 30 minute intervals on the treadmill, and 20 minutes on the ellyptical (moon machine). My treadmill intervals consisted of 2 minutes at a 6.5 pace (increasing by .1 each 5 minute interval) with no incline and 3 minutes at a 9.0 incline, 4.0 pace (increasing pace to 10.0 and 4.5 by the last interval). I was way sweatier (is that right?) than most Mondays. I didn’t want to leave the gym! I did want to go home and made my daily smoothie though. This morning I added spinach, frozen strawberries, chocolate protein powder, almond milk, and a pinch of xanath gum to the blender and took it to go!


My lunch falls into the BLAH category today. I wasn’t feeling it last night while packing and I ended up just bringing a whole wheat sandwich thin, some hummus to spread on it, and cukes/carrots to munch on. I ended up putting the cukes on the sandwich, which made me a little happier about lunch. I still have a Chobani yogurt to eat later, though.

Back to work– lots of e-mails to go through after being out 2 days.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s