Well, today was disappointing! The weather said it was supposed to be 70 degree, so I through on my little cargo capris and short sleeve tee, only to walk outside to 45 degree weather. When will this dreary April showers business stop?
Anyway, last night I made Joe my Rainy Day Pork! This time, I added apples to the mix and cooked them with the pork in the brown sugar mixture. He enjoyed – and we enjoyed our night together, since he will be working late most other nights this week.
This morning I completed one of my favorite upper body workouts. First, I did shoulders:
- Dumbbell shoulder presses (7.5 lb weights)
- Sitting Dumbbell Lateral Raises aka Bent Over Dumbbell Flies (5 lb weights)
I did both to failure and repeated for 4 sets, 10 seconds in between each time.
Next was chest:
- Flies with 10 lb. dumbbell
I did 2 sets of flies followed by 2 sets of pushups, then repeated. I did them to failure with 10 seconds in between all. I recently started to be able to do real pushups. I always do modified but try to stick a few real ones in there to build up to it!
Then I did back:
- Wide grip trap pull downs (kind of like a pull up, but done with the machine)
- Bent over row (alternating arms) for lats
I did each seperately, 4 sets, 10 seconds in between, to failure.
Last was biceps and triceps.
- Triceps: Bent over tricep kickbacks (using wire from machine w/ 5lb. weight) 4 sets per arm, 10 seconds in between, to failure
- Biceps: Curls with 5lb. weight (2 sets of 25 reps, 10 seconds in between, then 2 sets of 20 reps with 10 seconds in between). Switched to 7lb weights (2 sets of 15 reps with 10 seconds in between).
I finished with a quick 25 minutes on the elliptical.
I made smoothie with spinach and since I was running late so I grabbed an FRS drink that I picked up at the grocery store this weekend to drink on the way to work since a Starbucks stop was not an option. I also made some Yogi Seven-berry antioxidant tea to have with my Banana Nut Vitatop!
Another busy work day. Have a great Wednesday!