I would like to give a big whopping thank you to the following, for getting me through the last four days.
These guys actually just joined the crew yesterday
Not back to work until tomorrow…Doctor’s orders, but feeling better today. Sinus infection/Fever – 1, Jill – 0. Thanks for making me waste my vacation days.
Well, today was disappointing! The weather said it was supposed to be 70 degree, so I through on my little cargo capris and short sleeve tee, only to walk outside to 45 degree weather. When will this dreary April showers business stop?
Anyway, last night I made Joe my Rainy Day Pork! This time, I added apples to the mix and cooked them with the pork in the brown sugar mixture. He enjoyed – and we enjoyed our night together, since he will be working late most other nights this week.
This morning I completed one of my favorite upper body workouts. First, I did shoulders:
- Dumbbell shoulder presses (7.5 lb weights)
- Sitting Dumbbell Lateral Raises aka Bent Over Dumbbell Flies (5 lb weights)
I did both to failure and repeated for 4 sets, 10 seconds in between each time.
Next was chest:
- Flies with 10 lb. dumbbell
I did 2 sets of flies followed by 2 sets of pushups, then repeated. I did them to failure with 10 seconds in between all. I recently started to be able to do real pushups. I always do modified but try to stick a few real ones in there to build up to it!
Then I did back:
- Wide grip trap pull downs (kind of like a pull up, but done with the machine)
- Bent over row (alternating arms) for lats
I did each seperately, 4 sets, 10 seconds in between, to failure.
Last was biceps and triceps.
- Triceps: Bent over tricep kickbacks (using wire from machine w/ 5lb. weight) 4 sets per arm, 10 seconds in between, to failure
- Biceps: Curls with 5lb. weight (2 sets of 25 reps, 10 seconds in between, then 2 sets of 20 reps with 10 seconds in between). Switched to 7lb weights (2 sets of 15 reps with 10 seconds in between).
I finished with a quick 25 minutes on the elliptical.
I made smoothie with spinach and since I was running late so I grabbed an FRS drink that I picked up at the grocery store this weekend to drink on the way to work since a Starbucks stop was not an option. I also made some Yogi Seven-berry antioxidant tea to have with my Banana Nut Vitatop!
- Bitten before photographed! Oops!
Another busy work day. Have a great Wednesday!